Oh my gosh Class 1, how quick did that week go? If I would have blinked I would have missed it! However, as the saying goes, time flies when you’re having fun!

It has been a very busy week, yet it has been filled with fun and laughter. We have played English and Maths games, wrote about our summer holidays, took part in music, science (I apologise if your child is now obsessed with acorns!) and IT lessons. We have explored the classroom and learnt a little bit about hockey in our PE lessons.

The children have worked very hard and it has been lovely getting to know you all.

Just a few house keeping bits and bobs:

The blog is your one stop for all information regarding Class 1 and events taking place in school

Homework

I will set homework on a Friday using the class blog; generally these will be online educational games. However, if I pop anything in their book bags I will provide all of the details on here.

Spelling

Each week I will pop a spelling list in the children’s bags on a Friday afternoon (all though I have failed dramatically today as I am currently looking at the pile on my desk, I will send them on Monday, sorry!) .As well as the hard copy I have posted a game on Purple Mash that the children can use to practice. I have put their logging details inside the front cover of their reading logs.

PE

PE will take place on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday indoor and Wednesday outdoor (weather permitting), please send your child into school wearing their PE kit as per the school PE policy.

Each week I will also post the school diary dates so that you can see any upcoming events in good time:

EventDateOther details
European Day of Languages26.9.24Assembly / Class Activities
World Mental Health Day10.10.24Assembly / Class Activities
Parent’s Evening15.10.243pm – 6 pm
Diwali1.11.24Whole school celebrations (developing understanding and  knowledge of different  world faiths)
Remembrance Day  11.11.24Assembly / Class Activities
Anti-bullying Week11.11.24Assembly / Class Activities
Whole School SEND reviews12. 11.24Class teachers/ SENCO
Championing Maths18.11.249.00 am Parents and carers shown around to look at maths across the school and champion learning.
Christmas Fair6.12.242.30 pm All families and friends of Brandesburton welcome.
Christmas Performances10.12.2410.00 am Foundation Stage 10.45 am KS1 Performance
Christmas Performances12.12.2410.30 KS2 Singing at church 1.30 KS1 performance (school)
Christmas Disco19.12.243.15 – 4.15 (snack and drink) Party outfits brought to school

Request

In RW this term we will be exploring the theme of; ‘Who belongs?’ To support this learning we would love for the children to bring in any items linked to them being a part of a group e.g. sport kit, rainbow or cubs items, photographs of them taking part in any out of school clubs on Thursday 12th September.

Have a great weekend!

Mr Mallison

Weekly Round Up 6th September