Good Evening Class 1,

I hope I find you all well?

Thank you very much for another lovely week of learning and exploration in year 1 it has been a blast!

Attendance Award

Fingers crossed that we will be in the running for tomorrow’s attendance award; at my last calculation (Thursday afternoon) we will be sitting in the region of 97%, so as long as we all attend tomorrow…Although we would be shy of the 100% treat; we would be in the running for the best class attendance of the week prize. Let’s keep at it!

Learning

In maths this week the children have worked really hard to develop their understanding of place value. Moreover, in English the children have learnt about character descriptions and descriptive language, I was blown away with the sentence choices made by the children today to describe Jimlad. Miss Fisher taught the children Science, PE, History and IT this week. In science the children continued their work on Everyday Materials, exploring how to identify different materials; in History the children re-visited key historical vocabulary (to cement their sticky knowledge) followed by an investigation into new and old methods of flight. Finally, Miss Fisher taught the children about algorithms and how to debug them through making a cheese sandwich!

RWI Home learning:

Practice your  story green words and red words from your home reading book on a piece of paper at home. These can be found on the How to help your child read this book page.

Challenge: Can you use the words in sentences?

Maths

Maths homework this week I have set you a game on PurpleMash (with a suitable level of challenge for you). If you find the activity too easy or too difficult let me know and I will go onto to PurpleMash at assign you a different level of challenge.

English

I have also set a punctuation activity on PurpleMash which is linked to Little Red Riding Hood. The children need to choose which piece of punctuation should be used to complete the sentence (you may need to read the sentence with your child).

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Mr M

Weekly Round Up 20.1.23