Good Afternoon Class 1!

I hope I find you all well!

The children have absolutely blown me away in maths this week! We have finished off our fractions unit, exploring how to find a quarter of a shape, recognising a quarter of a quantity and finding a quarter of a quantity. We did find it a little bit tricky to begin with, however we persevered and absolutely smashed it! I was particularly impressed by the children’s ability to recall previously taught number skills such as doubles, number bonds and adding.

In English we have finished our 5-part story unit, linked to Sleeping Beauty. It has been a pleasure reading the children’s stories. I have read about Princesses, Magic Elves, Magic Trees, Witches, Wizards, Rabbits and everything in between. Well done Class 1!

RWI Home learning:

Practice your  story green words and red words from your home reading book on a piece of paper at home. These can be found on the How to help your child read this book page.

Challenge: Can you use the words in sentences?

Phonics

In preparation for the upcoming phonics screener we have being playing 3 games in class this week; Buried Treasure, Dragon’s Den and Picnic on Pluto.

The children have really enjoyed having a ho at these games, therefore I thought they we like to practice at home too.

https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources

To access the games, please follow the link above.

When you click on the link choose your game, it will take you to a start button, click this. It will then take you to a screen that looks similar to the one below:

Choose either phase 4 or 5.

You will then be greeted by a page similar to this one:

Select, Revise all Phase 5.

The children will then be able to guide you through what needs to be done.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Mr Mallison

Weekly Round Up 17th May